Become a member
You’re invited to become a member of the family here at First United Methodist Church.
Unite by Profession of Faith or Reaffirmation of Faith
If you desire to confess your faith in Jesus Christ and wish to live a Christian life, you may become a member of this church by Profession of Faith (having never been baptized) or by Reaffirmation of Faith (having been baptized previously in any Christian denomination). You will be asked the following questions:
- Do you renounce the spiritual forces of wickedness, reject the evil powers of this world, and repent of your sins?
- Do you accept the freedom and power God gives you to resist evil, injustice, and oppression in whatever forms they present themselves?
- Do you confess Jesus Christ as your Savior, put your whole trust in his grace, and promise to serve him as your Lord, in union with the church, which Christ has opened to people of all ages, nations and races?
- According to the grace given to you, will you remain a faithful member of Christ’s holy church and serve as Christ’s representative in the world?
Unite by Reception into the United Methodist Church from Another Christian Denomination or by Transfer from Another United Methodist Church
If you are a baptized member of another Christian denomination, we will ask you two questions as we receive you into our church family. If you are transferring from another United Methodist church, we will ask you only the second question.
- As a member of Christ’s universal church, will you be loyal to the United Methodist Church, and do all in your power to strengthen its ministries?
- As a member of this congregation, will you faithfully participate in its ministries by your prayers, your presence, your gifts and your service?
If you desire to join this congregation today, please fill out this contact form and a pastor will contact you shortly!