Coordinator of Marketing, Branding and Technology Position
Stillwater First United Methodist Church
Coordinator of Technology, Communications, & Marketing – 2016
Church’s Vision Statement: “We are A Church beyond the walls, strengthening our faith, sharing the Gospel, serving and loving our neighbors.”
This job description should not be interpreted as all inclusive. It is intended to identify the major responsibilities and requirements of this job. The incumbents may be requested to perform job-related responsibilities and tasks other than those stated in this job description. Any essential function or requirement of this job will be evaluated as necessary should an incumbent/applicant be unable to perform the function or requirement due to a disability as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
POSITION REPORTS TO: Associate Pastor
POSITION CLASSIFICATION: Part-time (20 – 25 hours per week)
POSITION SUMMARY: The individual in this position is responsible for working with staff and appropriate committees to develop an effective marketing program using a wide variety of written and electronic communications, publications, etc. In addition, this person assists in worship services and with presentations as needed where electronic equipment is used.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintains and updates the church web-site and other social media outlets. (ie. facebook, twitter, etc.)
- Receives, edits and prepares articles for weekly “e-news letter”. This includes gathering articles or pictures from the staff and congregation and managing subscription database.
- Send out special announcements to congregation via email.
- Attend church staff meetings as scheduled.
- Write articles, and take pictures to send to the Stillwater News Press, the Perkins/Stillwater Journal, and other media outlets as appropriate to promote the mission and ministry of First United Methodist Church.
- Contact local media including radio stations, TV stations, and cable service, regarding available public service airtime. Develop announcements and advertisements as appropriate.
- Produce brochures and other public relations publications. (ie. visitor packets, pledge campaign material, etc.)
- Coordinate the development of Pictorial Directories.
- As scheduled in consultation with Sr. Pastor and Director of Music and Worship Ministries, is present in worship services to be available to assist with running of audio/visual equipment as needed.
- Assist Church Administrator in recommending to Trustees and/or Church Council repairs, replacements, and upgrades of equipment to insure the Church has adequate and appropriate technology to accomplish its mission.
- In consultation with Church Administrator oversees all computer related needs for the effectiveness of ministry and mission of First Church.
- Coordinate all advertising promoting the ministry and mission of First United Methodist Church.
- Assist Director of Music and Worship Ministries in recruiting, training, and supervising volunteers to run audio and/or visual equipment for worship services, weddings and funerals. (Including video taping of worship services.)
- Perform other duties, as assigned by Sr. Pastor or Associate Pastor, in a manner which fosters trust and teamwork with staff, church members and others using the services and/or facilities.
- Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Effective verbal and written communications skills.
- Sound knowledge and ability to apply proper grammar in writing a wide variety of materials.
- Knowledge of and experience with website design and upkeep.
- Familiarity with various social media websites and ability to use social media effectively.
- Advanced computer skills and ability to demonstrate (or learn) proficiency in various software applications.
- Ability to prepare and write materials such as articles, news bulletins, etc.
- Ability to positively and effectively work with program, administrative and support staff as well as volunteers and church members.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to work within deadlines.
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality and integrity in processing sensitive and confidential information.
- Ability to undertake responsibilities with initiative and good judgment. Ability to assume accountability for work performed.